Adapting its monitoring systems to the latest technology, MTX offers an additional software module to EDI for the consultation of the meteorological data with the use of a simple internet connection.
The module interfaces the SQL database of EDI-Server and permits various numerical and graphical representations of the data collected from the monitoring stations.
To ensure accessibility for the users, the web module must be installed on a server with a public static IP address. The remote stations transfer the collected data to this address in order to update regularly the historical database.
Through the map, a weather station can be selected and its data and alarms situations can be viewed. The application allows data retrieval by inserting the starting and end date of the period of interest. The result can be exported in the most common software formats (PDF, XLS, XLSX, CSV).
Specific sections are available for the monitoring of: alarm situations, images from webcam, meteorological themes and data validation. Moreover, a data analysis tool is supplied in which a wind rose can be represented.
Also data can be entered regarding the characteristics of the weather station (position against sea level, GPS coordinates, sensor configuration, photo).
For the support to the maintenance activities, specific features can be used for the management and the monitoring of the field activities.
Below we state briefly the most important features of the web module:
- Service accessible by web;
- User profiling available for secure access;
- Numerical and graphical representation of the meteorological data;
- Results of data retrieval exportable in common software formats;
- Specific sections are available for the monitoring of: alarm situations, images from webcam and various meteorological themes;
- Supply of tools for the support to maintenance and data validation activities.