The measure principle is based on IR nephelometry / 850 nm. The sensor can be calibrated with a formazine standard solution. The NTU sensor integrates a low-cost optical technology, with a very few maintenance and no consumables.
The sensor can be connected to any types of transmitters, display units, controllers or data loggers with Modbus RS-485 or SDI-12 inputs. The optical sensor saves its calibration data for better measures management.
All data concerning calibration, history, users and measures are directly treated within the NTU sensor and transmitted via RS-485 or SDI-12.
Compact, robust and light, the PVC sensor allows a handheld or fixed unit application. Below you can find the main features of the sensor:
- IR optical sensor with optical fibre
- Range : 0 to 4000 NTU or 0-4500 mg/L
- Robust and waterproof (IP68)
- Ultra low-power consumption
- Digital output Modbus RS-485
- Nephelometry measurement
The compact and robust sensor is particularly well suited to the following typical areas of application:
- Drinking water treatment
- Water protection
- Fish farming companies
- Municipal and industrial sewage treatment plants
- Process engineering plants