Three axis ultrasonic wind speed and direction sensor
The PCTAN017 is a three axis ultrasonic anemometers. It measures the speed and direction of wind, the X - Y - Z Cartesian components of speed, sound speed and sonic temperature.
The main features are:
- Determination of the anemometric quantities represented in diverse measurement units: wind speed and direction, X - Y - Z Cartesian components of speed, sound speed, sonic temperature.
- 5 analogue voltage or current outputs, with different measuring ranges.
- Up to 12 further analogue current or voltage outputs, with different measuring ranges.
- 4 serial comunication interfaces: RS232, RS422, Multidrop RS485 and AoXnd
- Configurable outpu rate of digital output data string.
- Configurable average periods 1...60sec and 1...60min for all output quantities.
- Algorithmic raw data processing and validation, assuring ±1% precision to anemometric quantities.
- Digital high frequency data acquisition mode with 50Hz data output, or high frequency analogue data within 5Hz and 20Hz.
- Self-diagnostic with error checking and report.
- Reliability and precision on whole measuring range, no additional calibration required.
- User interface for “setup” management and software upgrade througt TS232 or RS485.
- Automatic alignment to the magnetic North throgh built in compass
- No moving part, with reduced maintenance and service costs.
- Rugged and reliable structure, suitable for continuous operation even in severe environmental conditions.
- Low power consumption.
- Heater Option: built-in heating device of sonic transducers, to prevent ice and snow formation. Assure correct measurements even in presence of sleet or snow.
- RS422 Option: full duplex 4-wire integrated circuit for RS42- 2 comunication.